Sioux Valley Energy Provides Area Teachers with $5,000 in Classroom Grants
Nearly 400 teachers applied for the 10 grants, with one teacher from each of the Cooperative’s 10 districts selected during a drawing held on August 14 via Facebook Live.
“One of Sioux Valley Energy’s guiding principles is ‘Community Service’. Our local teachers do so much for our communities and for our children. Our C.L.A.S.S. Grant program is just one way we can acknowledge and thank them for their commitment,” said Tim McCarthy, General Manager and CEO.
C.L.A.S.S. grant winners include:
- District 1 – Tiffany Runia, Estelline School
- District 2 – Cindy Merritt, Gracepoint Preschool
- District 3 – Traci Nissen, Flandreau Elementary
- District 4 – Sylvia Johnson, Madison Elementary
- District 5 – Tricia Ochsner, Baltic Elementary
- District 6 – Carla Tibbetts, Abiding Savior Academy
- District 7 – Miranda Henglefelt, West Central Middle School
- District 8 – Angie Janiszeski, Luverne Public
- District 9 – Monica Sullivan, Pipestone Area High
- District 10 – Dean Wieck, Edgerton Public Elementary
Sioux Valley Energy, a Touchstone Energy® Cooperative, is a member owned-utility, providing reliable electric service at cost-based rates to nearly 30,000 homes, farms, businesses, and industries in a seven-county area of east-central South Dakota and southwest Minnesota.